Saturday, August 8, 2009

QUIZ WINNERS + NEW QUIZ




FIRST PLACE = OIL CAN WITH 25 CORRECT = 83%




SECOND PLACE= BUBBA AKA CIRCUS BOY WITH 24 CORRECT = 80%






THIRD PLACE = LITTLE LOIS AKA JOYCE THE EVIL/GOOD SISTER WITH 18 CORRECT = 60%




CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks to all who entered the quiz and especially those who actually tried to answer the questions. The quiz answers are posted under the comment section of the posting where the quiz was presented.

Oil Can wins a week in Hawaii or another prize of my choice. I decided that Oil deserves the trip to Hawaii and that would be the prize that I chose for him. When I was calling to make plane reservations for him, my cell phone rang and it was the chairman of the rules and regulations committee, Little Lois. She reminded me that the prize division of the limited liability company that operates the quiz does not have liability insurance beyond Sanpete County. She also reminded me of what a dangerous place Hawaii could be. It is often plagued with falling coconuts, tidal waves, volcanoes, and occasional dive bombers from the country of Japan. Our number one priority is safety for our prize winners. After carful consideration and weighing much advise from the rules chairman, I have decided to substitute another prize in place of the Hawaiian vacation. That other prize is to be.......... a free night in the Costanza Suite AKA Tiny Terror Village at the Ferron Cabin Compound. Congratulations Oil Can. All you have do do is pick a night when the Tiny Terrors and Costanza are not going to be there. All you need to provide for youself is your transportation to Ferron and your food and bedding. Enjoy, my friend.

THE COSTANZA SUITE



Because of the fact that my entire budget was used on the prize for Oil Can, our prize divison is now under serious budget constaints. I am sorry to announce that there will be no other prizes for second and third place. I do have to pat Little Lois on the back though. She voluntered to give her prize to Jackie because Jackie never wins anything. This is a very nice gesture, but unfortunately, there is no third prize to be awarded. Thanks also to Bubba for entering the contest from his home which is on the other side of the US. If he were just a little bit smarter he would be standing in the winners circle like Oil Can.



NEW QUIZ---- NEW QUIZ ----NEW QUIZ


This is a one question quiz for true baseball fans:


What was highly unusual about the 2005 World Series?



All answers are to be in by Aug. 14, 2009, at midnight.


Prizes to be determined later.



And that's the way it is Monday Aug 10, 2009

...................Voo

17 comments:

joyce Eliason said...

Thrilled to be in third place. Love my photo too. I am so happy and I want to share some of that happiness. I would like to fund a second prize for Keith Franchetti. I will be his sponsor in joining Oil Can at the Costanza Suite at Ferron for one night. (He will be responsible for his air fare, bedding and food.) If he is unable to join Oil Can I will forfeit my third place win to Jackie Wankier and she will be awarded the night with Oil Can.

oil can said...

As much as I feel flattered about being included as a pawn in the gift award program (now being evaluated)... you need to know one thing and one thing only... I hold my prize alone, I won it fair and square... and will invite the guest of my choice to the Costanza suite all by myself. Thanks for offering up Jackie Wankier..(she is a hottie for sure) but before that offer will be considered I need to know one thing.. is she the good or bad sisters daughter? That determining fact alone may or may not sway my decision....

joyce Eliason said...

Jackie is definitely the bad sister's daughter. I am the good sister and my daughters don't want to go to Ferron for a one-nighter.

joanne said...

It isn't difficult to see why I will never enter one of your quizes..I don't want the prizes, and I don't want to loose the love of my bad sister, or my good daughter, if I should win (which I probably would)..
You are all crazy, and I choose not to go to the land of the lost!
jt

joyce Eliason said...

New developments. Keith intended to bicycle to Utah and after talking to Quiz Master Voo- I realized with the bad economy-- I simply could not afford to pay for all the food he would need along the way. Jackie (the good daughter of the evil sister) has declined the prize. She doesn't want to go to Ferron and if she did-- she would want to take her husband Curt and a whole bunch of grandchildren. I guess that leaves me-- So Oil Can-- please check your calendar so we can decide on a date.

oil can said...

Dear Judge J..,
My calendar is wide open... plan on Christmas give or take a day either way.. However you may wish to reconsider... one night in the Constanza suite on Oil Can's winning weekend will be like game three of the 2005 world series... it will never end...

VOO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VOO said...

Wishful thinking, Oil Can. I expect it would be a very SHORT night for you and Judge J. in the Costanza Suite. You might find it challenging to keep the hits coming with such a tiny bat......

joyce Eliason said...

oh my gosh-- I would love to be in Ferron in the Costanza suite for an endless Christmas night. Sounds so Dr. Zhivago-- with a horse drawn sled through the snow-- Julie Christie and Omar Sharif--but so sorry-- I can't make it. I am scheduled to be in somebody's Christmas stocking on the morning of the 25th. So Oil Can-- you are free to take the person of your choice. Merry Merry Christmas!!!

oil can said...

I think Voo's readers need to read the kind of mail I am seeing from the Bad Sister.. Judge J... AKA, Litt'l Lois... Here are just a few of her words from a letter to Voo...

"... I am getting very very veery tired of Oil Can!

I have read every damned report of those four games over and over.
Why can't my mind skip a couple of beats and figure out something
unusual?

I am one disgruntled Little Lowis.

Maybe I'm not fit for the rules committee.

Anyway-- while I am still the rules committee-- the winners stand--
Oil can (booooo) - Keith Franchetti (2) and me (3)-- (Please use the
same photo as last time!!!!!!!!!!! Always use that photo!!!!! That
is a decision of the Aesthetics Committee chairman)

Also I am a little worried about what expenses might accrue should
Keith decide to take up my offer for his night at Ferron. I will not
pay for food on his way from Vermont to Ferron. That could really be
expensive if he is planning to bicycle.

It would be so great today if somebody asked me a question about the
2005 World Series...."

Now you can see why there is concern for anyone to enter these contests... family or friend or other... go figure...

joyce Eliason said...

Oilcan-- darling-- I didn't write any of the above comments. Someone has hacked into my computer or has my password and has been trying to steal my identity. Why would I boooo you? Why? You have always been kind and caring. Maybe Voooo is jealous of our friendship (as I told you before Voo and I have an unusual relationship) or maybe Joanne (the real evil sister) is trying to take me down. All I can say is that I admire your intellect, your tenacity, your graciousness. We have been friends all these years-- I hope it will continue.

oil can said...

Yummmm....yummm... xoxo's Ms. Judge J...
Thanks for saying kind words in this OPEN forum! Rest assured that if you dis and tag me on Voos personal computer I will find out... I have hacked his personal ID... and unfortunately I now know more than I really wanted to... why do you think I get 100% on his quizzes?

joyce Eliason said...

As president, vice pres., secretary and treasurer of the ETHICS Committee-- I am now faced with a troubling decision. In the above comments, Oil Can has confessed to hacking into Voo's "personal ID" and that is how he has won several quizzes. I am calling a special meeting to decide what to do-- whether Oil Can should return all goods and prizes he has received-- and what to do about the status of the latest quiz.

oil can said...

Dear Joyce,
Prizes have been returned... oh, wait! THERE NEVER WERE ANY PRIZES! It is all a scam ... a ponzi scheme of mammoth complexity ... In theory, Spike can be the only true winner.... He is the only one that knows the inner workings of that man... move on with your life.. I have... I now take my coffee with Morell Snow and find discussing Global Warming with Newby much more intellectually challenging than passing time with a man who is chuck full of broken promises and remains stuck on 7/17 as the most important day of our lives.. I wonder why this day has not become a national holiday....

VOO said...

Oil Can may have hacked into my computer, but he will never hack into my brain. The quizes remain pure. The prizes remain real. I retain the right to change prizes from time to time just as Judge J retains the right to pick the final winners and change them around from time to time. Remember, Oil F-----g Can, it is my blog, my rules, my rules committee, and my warped mind at the controls. If you are unhappy with the prizes you have won..........tough shit.

oil can said...

Joyce told me to write all those things.. honest.. I am sorry for your outburst... but after reading your insults.. 7/17 took on a new meaning for me..

remotely yours...

joyce Eliason said...

I am very disappointed in the tone this blog has taken. I thought I had taught my son Voo-- I mean my brother Voo-- to show love and tolerance and respect. And I thought Oil Can was too classy to resort to lying and hacking.

Please boys-- be men. Spike included.

Post a Comment