Sunday, May 3, 2009

DERRANGED RODENT UPSETS EASTER FROLICKERS

Our family and friends were enjoying Easter at the Plum Patch. It was perfect weather, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Suddenly, without warning, a giant rodent came hopping out of the trees. It immediately assaulted one of my sisters. (See below)



All of the children were laughing and squealing with excitement. "It's the Easter Bunny, it's the Easter Bunny!" they shouted.
We, adults, sensed a more malicious, sinister, look and feel about this "waskily wabbit". Sure, it may have been the Easter Bunny, but we couldn't take any chances.





Quick thinking Oil Can, Sanpete's version of Dick Cheney, immediately ran to his pickup, procured the necessary weapon, and dispatched of the intruder.







Although the children were upset and traumatized, we knew that we had saved them from a terrible fate. Environmentalists will be relieved to know that the rabbit meat was not wasted and ended up in one of Oil Can's dutch ovens.
Activities soon returned to normal.



Milo, Hayley, Joanne.
Hayley could barely fit in the Plum Patch.


Some Wirenuts


Berkeley Brats
Zoe and Lexi

Chloe and Maddie

Opie and Lane reacting to Wolf's biking stories.


Sitting around the camp fire



Jill's mother and Jill


Little Martha giving baking tips


Alex up a tree


Enjoying Easter


Easter egg hunt


Easter picnic time
Next big family event is the 4th of July



1950's SCREEM QUEEN OF THE WEEK
GLORIA TALBOTT

Gloria appeared in many horror movies in the 1950s and always gave a perky performance.
Some of her outstanding performances are featured below.










Although Gloria was a victim of the clyclops, married a monster from outer space, turned into a leech woman and was the illigimate daughter of Dr. Jekyll she never had to go on a date with Oil Can. For that, she can be grateful.


RANGER BOB'S OUTDOOR TIP OF THE DAY

The proper layout for a campsite is illustrated above. Tent placement is #1. Cooking area is #2.
Three shows the dishwashing area and #4 is the latrine. Always be sure to camp next to a beautiful stream or lake. When it is time to break camp, you should throw all your garbage into the stream, leaving your camp area pristine for the next camper.
........Ranger Bob


KNOT OF THE DAY



THE SQUARE LASH
This knot is for lashing two poles together so it is handy for building huts in the woods and forests.


MOVIE POSTER OF THE WEEK

Jane Russell and her amazing aqua lungs starred in the 1955 production of Underwater!
All the young men who saw this movie on Friday night, signed up for swimming lessons on Monday morning at the Manti Swimming Pool.




MORE SISTER PHOTOS

Joyce and Joanne, as pictured above, teamed up to travel the local carnival circut as human cannonballs. In order to travel with the carnival, Joyce dropped out of University of Utah and Joanne out of BYU. Perry and Ada, their parents, were so proud that they purchased season tickets for all their friends. Sadly, the adventure was short lived.


THERE GOES JOYCE!

THERE GOES JOANNE!

During their very first performance at the Sanpete County Fair, Joyce overshot the landing net, crashed through the circus tent, and lit on a Conway Twitty Impersonator. This unfortunately ended not only Joyce's career, but the impersonator's also.

Joanne's flight was sort of a dud. She went straight in the air and straight down, landing in the lap of Governor J. Braken Lee (Governor of Utah for 57 years), who had come to Sanpete for the fair. This ended her career and it was the beginning of the end for his political reign in Utah.



SPIKE'S POETRY CORNER

MORE OF SPIKE'S FAVORITE THINGS

Fresh toilet water and roast squirrel with noodles,
Hiding from Pit Bulls, and growling at Poodles,
Lassie in heat on a wild canine fling,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Chewing up steak bones and licking molasses,
Russian ice skaters who fall on their asses,
Listening to Elvis, Sinatra, and Bing,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Chasing a rabbit, retrieving some honkers,
Watching Rin Tin Tin, the west he does conquer,
Twelve mangy cats in the top of one tree,
These are some things that are favroites to me.

Digging up gophers, and eating grape jelly,
Mrs. Soper at school as she scratches my belly,
Wagging my tail when the front doorbell rings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Standing in line for a disneyland ride,
Sleeping outdoors when I want the inside.
Porcipine quills and a scorpion sting
These are a few of my favorite things. NOT!!!

When the Voo leaves,
When the vet comes,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

........ By Spike



CONGRATULATIONS TO MILO AND HAYLEY ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR BABY DAUGHTER, MONET SOPHIA ROWEN.

Maddie won her first gold cup for her piano accomplishments and Alex won a trophy for soccer.

Remember Bubba's birthday on May 9th and Joyce's on May 14th.

Next blog will feature fishing in New Mexico.

Rock on.....
Voo
































7 comments:

joyce Eliason said...

Dear Voooo-- Hooray you're back! However there is a serious mistake. I am not the red-headed person in the photo with the bunny. I am not the red-headed person in any of those shots at the Plum Patch. That person appears to be posing as Adella Mellor.

I did land on the Conway Twitty impersonator but I ended up marrying him (have forgotten his name). So it had a happy ending-- for a few nights anyway. And it wasn't the end of my career. This is the strange part-- the woman you have identified as Gloria Talbott-- is actually Joyce Eliason.

I love Spike's song lyrics. When he's feeling sad-- please have him call me. I am always waiting- by the phone. j.lo

joanne said...

My past life is certainly more exciting than I remember, but I am sure all of those things happened, I have the scars to prove it!
A few of my favorite things are new babies, Voo back on track, and Spike's poetry.
Life is pretty dull up here...please keep entertaining!
jt
Yes, Joyce does look like Dellas...just hope we can keep her personality in wraps.

Costanza said...

Dear Mom,
So life is pretty dull, huh? I call, I write, I try to entertain you and father but you just brush aside all of my efforts to make your life happy and full. My only consolence is calling your sister Joyce who doubles as my Life Coach and waiting for my uncle to post his blog so I can have something to print out and let my cat take a poop on. (Just on the parts where Spike is mean to cats; we like all the other parts).
Please, no more basement presents for me. I will stop trying to improve your life. You can listen (and fall asleep) to Wolf's bike stories by yourself.
The Biggest Gloria Talbott Fan Ever,
Costanza

oil can said...

Voomeyster!
Great blog spot... I think you need to let your readers know about Spikes daily frolics ... especially how you promote "Costanza Hour" Constanza hour is where Voo and Spike tour around the valley looking for cats without trees, fences, or walls... Maybe you could take picts of spikes poor nose from yesterdays battle with Jewel Rasmussens calico cat. Anyway.. it was nice to see him happy!

oil

joyce Eliason said...

JOANNE-- BIG NEWS! WE BOTH LOOK LIKE AUNT ADELLA! J.

xzz said...

fdfsfsfs

xzz said...

I dont know what this site is

Post a Comment