Thursday, March 5, 2009

MORE FAMILY - ROBOTS- RANGER BOB- SPIKE'S MAILBAG


JILL (Voo"s niece) with her kids.



BRATS OF THE WEEK

ZOE




ALEXI


Zoe and Alexi belong to my niece, Jill (Hockey Mom) and nephew Michael (Joe The Plumber). They live in Berkley, CA. and are coming to Manti for Easter. Zoe is preparing for college, hopefully in Utah. She is a senior in high school this year. She is a member of the cheerleading squad. Alexi is also in high school. He loves sports and is an excellent hockey player. These are the California brats. They are equal in brattiness to their cousins, the New Mexico brats who were featured in an earlier posting.


RED SOX LEGEND OF THE WEEK

Jim Rice
Jim Rice followed Yaz, playing left field for the Boston Red Sox for over fifteen years.
He was a power hitter and elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2009. His real claim to fame is that he waved to Zoobie once during a game in Anaheim.



ONE MORE PET PHOTO

No --- this is not Marconi's arm pit. This is Louie from L.A.
He is Rachel's guard dog.


MOVIE ROBOTS
Maia Franchetti is currently "into" robots. The following entries are for her pleasure as well as for all the readers.

Gort ---- from The Day Earth Stood Still
1951



Robot Monster has been declared one of the worst movies ever made. The robot wore an ape suit with a diving helmet.


Robot Monster making his move.


No --- this is not Oil Can with one of his girl friends. It is a robot out of the silent movie, Metropolis. It was made in the 1920s.


Robot Babe from Metropolis

Metropolis movie poster


Radar Men From the Moon



TOBOR (ROBOT backwards)
Kids in the 1950s loved Tobor. He was a big hero.


TOBOR and Friend


Some early robot movie. Notice the robot's legs are dryer vent material.


Most of you should recognize these two clowns from Star Wars.


Forbidden Planet 1956
Probably the most famous robot ever was named Robby the Robot. He was a real robot and the real star of this movie. For many years after, he appeared on TV, in parades, grand openings, etc.


In later years, Robby found it hard to find movie work and ended up as a shoe salesman in Jensen's Dept. Store, Manti, UT. He is shown above, fitting shoes on my sister, Joanne.



VOO'S BOOK CLUB

I haven't read this book yet, but Fay Vincent was the last good Commissioner of Baseball. My friend the Padre loaned this book to me. I am anxious to read it.




This book was given to me by my friend, Jack Foreman. It was also recommended by my sister, Joyce. I am anxious to read it, also.



MOVIE POSTER OF THE WEEK

This was the first scary movie I saw --- about 1954.



FLY OF THE WEEK



BLUE DAMSEL
This is pretty fly but I've never tied the son of a bitch. Can't say if it works or not.





KNOT OF THE WEEK

Good luck with this one, folks.





NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH

Leprechauns invade Manti Elementary School and get stapled to the wall.





ANOTHER KNOT OF THE WEEK









Palomar Knot
Fantastic and strong knot for tying a leader to a hook.



SKULL SHIRT OF THE WEEK





RANGER BOB'S OUTDOOR TIPS


"I always carry an extra canteen of gasoline to pour on the kindling before I light the match. Always have your partner light the fire --- it often explodes. It is also wise to never mix up your gasoline canteen with your water canteen --- especially if you smoke. This is why I'm missing half my nose and one ear."
.......Ranger Bob


GETTING READY FOR RED SOX OPENING DAY


This is Voo's wall above the TV.

A gift from my favorite nephew, the Dude ---- an assortment of Red Sox wine.

Another view of Red Sox corner




SPIKE'S MAILBAG



Dear Spike,

I'm sick and tired of pulling that damned Timmy out of the well each week. Next time he falls in do I ignore his calls?

Sincerely, Livid Lassie


Dear Livid Lassie,

I have always been a fan of yours and hope that someday your TV show will return. In the mean time, you need to make Timmy aware of the serious consequences of falling in the well everyday. It is always your duty, as a TV dog, to pull Timmy out. It is the life you chose. You are a canine hero. However, the next time Timmy takes the plunge, you need to give him a negative consequence for falling in the well. While he is floundering in the well, you need to try dropping some spiders and maybe a snake on him. While you are at it, you could force him to view the Osmond Family Christmas Video before you pulled him up. This should motivate him to stay completely away from the well. If not, and he does it again, get his dad to cap the well and run a water line from town.

Good luck,
Spike

Dear Spike,

I'm a border collie having trouble attracting a mate. I'm considering using nail polish to spruce up my looks a bit but 2 problems come up. One, what color goes with my coat? Two, how do I put it on when I dont have thumbs.

Plain Jane Pooch

Dear Plain Jane Pooch,

I wouldn't worry about nail polish to spruce up your looks. Remember dogs are color blind. I suggest a flashy collar with lots of chrome. Get your ears pierced, get your fangs capped, and if necessary wear some perfume that smells like a dead woodchuck. You may want to give Horny Hal a call (See letter #1 on Voo's blog, Spike's Mailbag).

Sincerely,
Spike


That's all the space that Voo allowed for this week. Keep those cards and letters coming. Remember --- if you insist on being a cat owner ---- please, have it nutured.





SISTER PHOTOS OF THE WEEK


This is my sister, Joanne, when she was a lounge singer in Twin Falls, Idaho.


This is my sister, Joyce, when she was an exotic dancer in the Side Show of the carnival at the Sanpete County Fair.



QUOTE OF THE WEEK


Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.
..... Steven Wright


Voo has left the building .........


22 comments:

Jill Eliason said...

Dear Voo,

I LOVE your blog and look forward to viewing it each week. I have learned some interesting things, and some not so interesting. Can't wait to see you at Easter! I prefer to be called "Reluctant Hockey Mom." Would Spike be up to giving advice to humans?

Love,

Reluctant Hockey Mom

joyce Eliason said...

Perhaps your readers have noticed how much Zoe resembles her grandmother (me). Please see latest photos.

j.lo

Question for Zoobie; Do you ever consider getting a divorce? (Please see photos of the Red Sox corner of the Eliason living room--)

joyce Eliason said...

Dear Voo-- I would never try to tell you how to run your blog-- but Rachel has pointed something out that I feel I must call to your attention.

What about Aspen?

VOO said...

I would think that Rachel has her hands full with a house full of totally untrained dogs. However, Aspen will be featured soon. Zoobee is not thinking about divorce. She considers herself the luckiest girl in the whole USA. Zoe does indeed look like her grandmother. Spike will take questions from humans, but not cats. The best part of this blog is all your comments. Keep them coming. Thanks....... voo

VOO said...

Dear Blog readers:

I am the luckiest girl in the USA. I love the way Voo decorates our home with skulls, red sox stuff, dogs, newspapers, etc. He has such exquisite taste. Anything that Voo does is first rate in my book. Anything I can do to assist him and be the mate of his dreams, I'll do.

Sincerely,
Zoobie the Stepford Wife

joyce Eliason said...

Dear Zoobie-- I feel terrible. Of course, you have no grounds for divorce. Skulls, red sox stuff, dogs, newspapers-- that's nothing. What if Voo also had ducks, pheasants, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and Jimmy Dean memorabilia and a skull hanging over the dining room table. Now those are grounds for divorce!
I am convinced you are being held without your consent. Please contact the Mayfield branch of Battered Women Unlimited (they are having a gun auction on Thursday). j.lo

VOO said...

j.lo
Thanks for reminding me about the skull hanging over the dining room table. It will be featured in the next blog.........

Costanza said...

Uncle Voo, thanks for the Robot feature. Two of my favorite movies are Forbidden Planet and The Day the Earth Stood Still. I also enjoyed the family photos. We're all excited to see Teen Teen and Circus Boy in the summer. I will be sending a cat photo soon. Finally, please stop posting photos of my mom from her "private" scrapbook. Lem is not happy.
Costanza

VOO said...

I am sorry Costanza, but your mom and her sister have attracted a considerable following. Sizzle sells and my two exotic sisters seem to be the backbone of this blog. Bubba is about to start a sisters fan club with autographed 8X10s, Tee shirts, and actual three minute phone conservations with the sisters for an as yet undetermined price. Stay tuned for further details. I know that the Ts will be ready for the general piblic by the 4th.........

joyce Eliason said...

Keith Franchetti (our manager) is in negotiations with Cousin Bob to launch our T-shirts at Jensen's Dry Goods Store. WalMart also has made a bid. In further developments-- Keith is considering a Wet Sisters T-Shirt Contest-- which could be a big attraction at the park on the fourth.

And Costanza-- get a grip. Your mom has her own life to live-- stay out of it!

j.lo

VOO said...

Thank you j.lo
Costanza does need to get a grip.... or at least a grip on something different than what he usually grips. He has always been a moma's boy and the favored golden child of their family. He can't stand to see his mommy get the attention she deserves. Face it Costanza, you mom is a hottie.

I like the wet T-Shirt idea for the fourth. I am going to talk to Mayor Madsen and see if we can work it in after the patriotic program and right before the children's talent show....

hayleyrowan said...

I think the wolf can now be considered half robot. went to st. george this weekend, tried to go into vegas, but was stopped at the boarder, sadly you were right, they wouldn't let me pass, too large. so milo and i won't be able to partcipate in the durango fun fest this year. i would ask to be hidden in the trunk but i won't fit there either.

eliafranc said...

Wow Voo! Maia and I loved the robots. It was hard to look at them though, because Keith was scrolling down as fast as he could to look at the latest pictures of Joyce and Joanne. He always does that! He absolutely loves family history!

As Joyce said, Keith has big plans for the Voodoo Sisters' Fan Club at the 4th of July this year. He's planning a float for the parade. He loves the Wet t-shirt contest idea, and he's also thinking they should do the greased pole contest. And in going with the old-fashioned theme of the park, wouldn't it be fun to do a cute little peep show or something. We could rent a little tent and raise some money for your blog.

Finally, poor Philly! We've all known about his Oedipal Complex for a long time, but his comments about his mom's pictures are broadcasting his issues to the whole world. I hope he gets help soon!

VOO said...

I like it. I like the peep show idea. Marconi could be the barker. I have an old deer hunting tent. I also have some inside info that one of the sisters has already scheduled implant surgery. This could be the best fourth ever....you betcha.

joyce Eliason said...

Joanne is a very good pole dancer. I have to concede that. She worked all through high school on a pole and has had plenty of years to perfect. Just to clarify: I do not need implants so it must be the other sister who is leaning in that direction!

I am not so interested in the peep show. It sounds cheap. Joanne and I have always had class. I am kind of dismayed that Teen Teen would think we would stoop that low. We do not stoop! j.lo

j.lo

joyce Eliason said...

I feel guilty, Vooo. I must admit that I spoke to a guy in Gunnison who said he would do the implants but he uses Ziploc bags. I also talked to my dentist (whose mom was from Richfield) and he said he would do it but he kept talking his drill. I then got on Craig's list and found a pair of double D silicone implants (used but in good condition) and I have decided to just carry them around in my purse. Why go through an expensive mutilation? On the fourth we could charge people who want to hold them. What say? j.lo (I realize I am getting very obnoxious so will try to restrain my comments--)

joyce Eliason said...

One last last thing. On the above comment I either meant to say that the dentist kept talking ABOUT his drill or the dentist kept talking TO his drill. Either way he was creepy.

VOO said...

Absolutely no peep show. Difinitely not. My sisters do have class. I like the idea of the DD implants to be carried in Joyce's purse. Oil Can has allready given me $5 to be first in line for the first feel of the Fourth....

eliafranc said...

I was thinking of a "classy" peep show. You know---something artistic, edgy, avant garde. Let's not be so close minded. Let's do something original and experimental. I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of the dunk tank and bingo and the patriotic musical numbers.

Love the idea of passing around Joyce's implants. I already know of several---and I mean SEVERAL men who are going to be hovering around for that opportunity. You know how she is down at the park---picking up on all of those men. I have several pictures showing her in action. Every year she just baits them. This year, they'll get a little something extra.

VOO said...

I do not belong to this family. Who are these people?

The Stepford Wife

oil can said...

I would love to be first in line to fondle zip lock baggies at the park tent... but that experience would no doubt pale in comparison to the firm ones I tapped when I had a minute alone with the Robot Babe from Metropolis... move on Voo to a more wholesome topic... I think circus boy might be on high center...

Larry said...

so, let me get this staright, if I climbed to the top of the greased pole on the 4th, would there be a drill at the top?
Wolf

Post a Comment