Saturday, December 5, 2009

SPIKE'S NEW FRIEND - SOME XMAS LISTS

" Hi everybody. Spike reporting here."


"Recently I have had the honor of entertaining a new friend at the house I occupy with the Voo family. My new friend is a female Lab (bitch) named Braiden AKA Braid AKA Blade. Voo likes to call her Blade. She belongs to Voo's good friend, Nate Brandon. As you might know, Nate is recovering from a motorcycle accident and Blade is living with us for a while during Nate's rehab."










Blade is much younger than I am and I'm teaching her to
sit, stay, come, fetch, beg for table scraps, and chase cats.



We went for a long run yesterday looking for cats. The two photos above show Blade in the sit position. This is the first time she has actually sat still in over two weeks.





Blade is a very attractive bitch.......






I really enjoy having someone to run with and hang out with. At least I thought I did....




















Blade on the couch...........






Me on the floor.......


"What's wrong with these last two photos? This is obviously not working out the way I intended."


.....Spike










VOO'S ALL TIME FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIES

NUMBER ONE

CHRISTMAS VACATION 1989




This movie speakes for itself....




A visit from cousin Eddie is very similar to a visit from Oil Can.

























NUMBER TWO
BABES IN TOY LAND AKA MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS
with Laural and Hardy
1934




Laural and Hardy are workers in Santa's work shop.

















My friends and I used to watch this movie every Xmas season on an old RCA black and white TV on our living room floor at 402 North Main.


It was, and still is, one of my all time favorite Laural and Hardy movies.











Toyland.....






















NUMBER THREE

A CHRISTMAS STORY 1983































Costanza still wears pajamas just thike these.















One of the big attractions of this movie to me is that it takes place at a time that was pretty close to my own. Our winter coats were like those in the move. The schools desks were the same. The department store Xmas windows loooked the same. The big department stores in SLC were decorated the same. I too sent for the Ovaltine decoder ring. Every boy in Manti wanted a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. The magic age to get one for Xmas was 8 years old.












VOO'S LEAST FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIES

All the other Christmas movies ever made.............







VOO'S FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS




1. Blue Christmas ----- Elvis















2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas------Frank Sinatra






























3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas--- Ella Fitsgerald






















3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas ----- Diana Krall
























4. Sleigh Ride ----- The Ronettes















5. Let It Snow ----- Karl and Joanne Tucker








Voo's Least Favorite Christmas Songs

All the rest......





















That's it from The North Pole of Utah.



Tune in soon for more Christmas cheer.


.....voo















6 comments:

joyce Eliason said...

Feeling nostalgic. The bunny jammies-- and Elvis and Frank and the darling photo of the young, beautiful Joanne and Karl. Anyone notice how much Karl looks like Paul Newman?

I will take Blade if she is getting tired of Spike hitting on her. She would be so safe here. Nobody hits on anybody living in my apartment.

jackiewankier said...

We have a new addition to our family..when Curt was in St.Louis last week, he went hunting...he was very taken by one of the hunting dogs in their party...lo and behold he bought the 2 year-old yellow female lab who goes by the name of Dove...she flew in yesterday afternoon..on her angel wings..and is now the new roommate of one "who the hell is this?"Duke...as you can probably tell, I am estatic...one more dog I will be shoveling snow, shit, etc. for and feeding and water..when Curt hits the road in January..thanks for the Christmas gift, honey.

hayleyrowan said...

you failed to mention your favorite christmas party... (!)

sarah said...

If you ever need a babysitter for Spike, call my mom.

Great post!

Unknown said...

Oh Spike, I'm so happy for you! I, well, I always thought you were gay! No judgement but you never had a girlfriend and though you don't seem to be friends with ANY dogs, you are a boy afterall! Enjoy your new girlfriend and let her sleep on the couch. Maybe she'll do something special for you!

joyce Eliason said...

I think Blade is just a cover-up. We all know who Spikey wants to sleep with--

Post a Comment