Thursday, October 1, 2009

QUIZ WINNERS






PRE HALLOWEEN QUIZ WINNERS



FIRST PLACE

JOYCE ELIASON AKA LITTLE LOIS

83% CORRECT

Lois wins a ribeye steak dinner for two at the world famous Sno Cap Lanes by correctly answering 45 out of 54 quiz questions. This is a fantastic score.

CONGRATULATIONS LOIS !!!!!!!

(Note: Steak dinner prize at Sno Cap Lanes must be used before October 31, 2009.)








SECOND PLACE

OIL CAN AKA OIL CAN

80% CORRECT

Oil Can receives a $10 gift certificate at Candies On Main for correctly answering 43 quiz questions. He really gave Lil Lois a run for her money. Had he been a little smarter, he may have won.

CONGRATULATIONS OIL !!!



THIRD PLACE

BILL PAYNE of Los Angeles, CA

54%

I am not sure that this is what Bill looks like (see above), but I was unable to get a photo of him and I just had to guess what he looks like. Bill did an excellent job considering that he is a purest and did not google any of the answers. Thanks for entering the quiz, Bill. You are the proud winner of one quart of Lumpy Dick. You will receive your prize in the mail.

CONGRATULATIONS BILL!

There was no fourth place winner because no one else entered the quiz. The Dude said he had some answers but did not make an official entry because he didn't want to come in fourth and have to ride with Curt Wankier on Curt's tractor.

I was disappointed that more people didn't enter. I quess the intellectual capacity of those living back east was totally overwhelmed. Other blog readers scattered across the western states, as well as those living in Utah also must also have felt IQ impaired.

Anyway, thanks to you three fine people who did enter. I appreciate it very much.

PRE-HALLOWEEN QUIZ ANSWERS





1. Bud Abbott was the comedy team straight man. In those days the straight man always got top billing and a larger percentage of the money.

2. Brook trout.

3. The Werewolf, 1956. Filmed at Big Bear Lake in CA. (Not the Wolfman which was released in 1941)

4. Dick Stuart...... home run hitter for the Salt Lake Bees and Boston Red Sox in 1960s.

5. Jack Dempsey --- heavyweight boxing champ of the world in the 1920s

6. Monument to Manti vets who served in World War One

7. Monument is located at Manti City Park.

8. V 1 Buzz Bomb ....... German guided missile used in WW2.

9. USS Nautilus ..... the worlds first nuclear submarine in about 1955.

10. Little Lois AKA Joyce Eliason

11. Jim Thorpe .... Native American voted the worlds greatest for first half of 20th century.

12. Buster Crabbe...US swimmer who won gold in Olympics....later played Tarzan and Flash Gordon.

13. Admiral Rickover ....... architect of the modern American Navy

14. The Grizzly

15. Sugar Ray Robinson.......... former middleweight champion boxer

16. Buddy Rich ----- jazz drummer in many of the big bands

17. Pol Pot --- mass murderer

18. A

19. Nautilus ....... from the movie 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea .... about 1954

20. Peggy Lee

21. Mel Blanc

22. Bugs Bunny and many many cartoon characters.

23. General Omar Bradley ...... American general in WW2

24. Jack Larsen

25. Jimmy Olsen ......... appearing weekly 1950s TV show titled The Adventures Of Superman

26. Jimmy Foxx

27. Mickey Hartigay ...... husband of Jayne Mansfield

28. Lon Chaney Jr .. best remembered as The Wolfman .... 1941

29. Diana Krall ...... excellent jazz singer and musician

30. Jack Pierce...... applied makeup to all of the old Universal movie monsters

31. Wilhelm Keitel ....... German general and Field Marshal in WW2

33. Hanged as a war criminal in 1946

34. General Curtis LeMay ....... US Air Force ..... WW2

35. France .... WW1 and WW2

36. Guy Madison ... actor in 1950s

37. Gordon Scott...... movie Tarzan in the 1950s

38. Cory Allen

39. Rebel Without A Cause

40. Died when his car went over a cliff doing a "Chicken Run" against James Dean

41. Black Lab

42. Rainbow Trout

43. Official watch from the Mule Deer Foundation

44. Mike Collins..... pilot of commend module while Armstrong and Aldin walked on the moon

45. Clarabelle The Clown

46. He was a regular on the Howdy Doody TV show in the 1950s

47. A seltzer bottle

48. Bruce Cabot

49. King Kong .... 1933

50. Buster Crabbe ... again

51. Brian Piccolo .... star running back along side Gayle Sayers for the Chicago Bears

52. Died of lung cancer in 1970 at age 26 ..... never used tobacco

53. Ma Barker .. . notorious outlaw in the 1930s .... gunned down by FBI

54. Sky King ... TV star on Saturday mornings in the 1950s


NEST WEEK
Spike with have a photo essay on the 2009 duck hunt opener.
.......voo

4 comments:

joyce Eliason said...

Thank you Voo for a challenging quiz. It was a must for history lovers (not necessarily old people). I am forgoing my prize because I don't eat meat and I won't be at the Sno Caps by Oct. 31. I am giving my two ribs to Oil Can.

I live for quiz. lil lo

Unknown said...

I just think people who do these quizzes have nothing else to do with their lives. Maybe that would be a good thing. Congratulations Joyce, I know I could never compete with you. You are good at history because you have a much more exciting past than I do.

oil can said...

Nice to take second.. now I know kinda how the Red Sox felt for years.. and the Cubs... second place is better than second to the last... where is where I actually finished on this quiz.. Lit'l low took third to the last... As far as looking forward to new quizzes I think not.. Joanne is right.. quiz surfers have nothing better to do... but now I can relax and concentrate on my quilting expertise and futuristic toenail art..

joyce Eliason said...

You're right Joanne-- I have nothing better to do with my life. My work isn't really work. I should play golf or bridge-- much more stimulating I am sure.

Why does my sister hate me?

And Oil Can-- whom I care for so much. What does it mean? Third to the last?

I should be high-- but I am-- A LIL LO

Post a Comment