Thursday, June 18, 2009

A DATE WITH FAY-- PLUS CABIN SEASON 2009


FAY WREY


SCREAM QUEEN OF THE 1930S


FAY WREY

GIRLFRIEND OF KING KONG





Fay and Mr. Kong doing the town in the Big Apple.





FAY BEING PENSIVE













FAY BEING AFRAID




Kong has a hand full.




Greatest of all of the King Kong movies.

1933




RED SOX NEWS



The Red Sox are in first place in the American League East, 5 games ahead of the Skankees, (of which the Sox have beat all 8 times they have played this season), and have won 18 out of 23 games this month.






CABIN SEASON 2009


Last weekend I had the distinct pleasure of accompanying my two favorite full blooded nephews to our cabin at Ferron Reservoir. The cabin had wintered well as we had not been able to get to it since last October. We cleaned it up, got all the appliances working, hauled a load of fire wood, and assembled some new outdoor furniture. It is now ready to be used throughout
the season by everybody except Oil Can.





















Spike loves Ferron and was anxious to take his first Ferron swim of the season.






















Wolf tries out some of the new deck furniture we assembled.























Wolf is always in a pleasant mood at the cabin.
























He is a barrell of laughs and excitment.

























Costanza is a very fine young man. He worked very hard loading fire wood, cooking, cleaning, fire building, mopping, and running errands. I truly feel honored to have had the priviledge of awarding him the name of CB......(Cabin Bitch) He has truly earned it.


























Life in paradise. The two brothers prepare for bed. Even though we have three full size beds at the cabin, the brothers ended up sleeping together in the same bed once the lights went out and the forest creatures begin to make their nightly sounds.



























Costanza grilling . CB did everything with a smile and never complained about all the bitch work he was asked to do.


Spike and Voo preparing to fish.

























It was a beautiful evening at Ferron. I fished while the Cabin Troll nephews of mine stayed on the bank and taunted me. They even threw rocks at me.








Many fish were jumping.





Voo in the water. Spike waiting on the bank. No one else in sight.








Changing flies for about the 12th time.








The current population of fish at Ferron is very stupid. The trout failed to recognize my expertize as a fly fisherman and the high quality of my hand tied flies. The little bastards totally ignored me!



































After two hours, 20 different flies, and 1000 casts, I finally caught a couple of trout. The nephews had long since gone back to the cabin totally disgusted with me. I brought one fish back to the cabin to show the mouthy little twirp nephews that I would never give up till I caught one. They still laughed at me and Spike. Later that night I got even. I put the trout inside the door panel on Constanz's Toyota. He should be noticing it any day now.





















AUTHOR OF THE WEEK



STEPHEN AMBROSE












I have mentioned many of Ambrose's books earlier. If you are interested at all in US history I would recommend these five books as a good place to start.






















For those of you out there who don't like history or really don't like reading anything of importance there are alternatives. For example, my good friend, the Shredder, is an avid reader of certain periodicals such as the one pictured below. She seems to always be reading this magazine. She is totally hooked on it. As a matter of fact, Shredder is so absorbed in this magazine that she pays very little attention to her kids, has completely quit doing housework, seldom cooks, ignores her yard, and has a hard time remembering her husband's name. This is a good lesson for you readers that even reading should be done in moderation.












SHREDDER'S FAVORITE READING MATERIAL
































YOU ASKED VOO --- VOO ANSWERED



I have had several letters asking me who my favorite female Mexican wrestler might be. It's a nobrainer. For me there is only one choice and that would be the world famous female grappler, Shellie Martiniz.


(see below)











Shellie getting pumped up for the match.
















If you ever vacation in Mexico and manage to not get kidnapped or murdered, be sure to catch one of Shellie's matches.


Win or lose, Shellie always puts up a good front.









SHELLIE MARTINIZ







FAVORITE KIRK DOUGLAS MOVIE



As many of you know, I am hopelessly locked into the 50s. Kirk is one of the very few actors from that era who is still alive. He made some fantastic movies which will be featured in future blogs. Of them all, this is my favorite. If you have a favorite Kirk Douglass move, feel free to let me know.









1962


Douglass portrays a modern day cowboy who is out of sync with the 20th century. I first saw this movie in 1962 at the old Ephraim theater with my sister, Joyce, and her husband, Al. By the early 1960s the old Manti theater was closed down most of the time.





RANGER BOB'S KNOT OF THE WEEK



Great knot for tying two fishing lines together.







































TREE HOUSE OF THE WEEK
























QUIZ WINNER


Kristin Minchey correctly answered the last Voo quiz. Ronald Reagan was the only US president to wear a German military uniform. He did it in the movie "Desperate Journey".









KRISTIN MINCHEY

Kristin is a winner of flowers to be delivered daily to her office and .........

TWO WEEKS ALL EXPENSES PAID IN LONDON, ENGLAND











Congratulations Kristin

Unfortunately, Kristin's boss is a total ass. He will not alow her two weeks vacation or even two days vacation. The London trip had to be cancelled. In return, Kristin will receive a set of four slightly used TV trays.






















WINTER EVENT WINNERS


This past winter several of my friends and family attended a few fund raising dinners on the behalf of different conservation organizations.






PHEASANTS FOREVER FUND RAISER






Pictured above are some of the people at my table who were big winners. From the left there is Windmill Andy AKA The Wild Turk. Andy is a loyal event supporter and brings lots of fun to the table. Next to him is The Dude, a gun winning legend throughout Utah. Next to the Dude is Andy Max Cox Aka Wire Nut AKA Hurricane Andrew Aka Ace. Wire Nut happens to be one of my son in laws and is also my favorite son in law living in Utah. The two young men in front are Lane and Alex Cox. This was the first banquete for them and they both won nice prizes.













SANPETE MULE DEER FOUNDATION


Brooke Cherry AKA Fritze was the high bidder on this prize hunting knife and promptly gave it to her undeserving empoloyer for his birthday.



















SPORTSMEN FOR FISH AND WILDLIFE




Our table had an amazing number of gun winners. PictureD above from left are Needles Nate, Oil Can, The Wolf, Little Martha, and The Dude. I am pretty sure that these weapons will never be fired and only used for display purposes.


















FLY OF THE WEEK






FORGOTON 1950s STAR OF THE WEEK




RAY DANTON



Ray was in a bunch of movies in the 50's. He was usually a bad guy or a soldier. You won't want to miss....


(see below)










TARAWA BEACHHEAD

1958






The George Raft Story (with Jayne Mansfield)
1960



Legs Diamond










SKULL RING OF THE WEEK



















SKULL KEY CHAIN OF THE WEEK








SKULL SHIRT OF THE WEEK











SPIKE'S KNOT OF THE WEEK










(see below)









THE SANPETE FELINE RELOCATION KNOT

This is one of my all time favorite knots and at the same time very functional. It can be used most effectively as follows: First, obtain about two feet of quarter inch nylon or hemp rope. You will also need a discarded flour or grain sack. Once you have these items it is time to go to work. Take the empty sack and begin going door to door in your neighborhood asking home owners for any cats that they might have. I will guarante you that just about every home owner will gladly provide you with any and all cats that they might own. After the sack is filled with the mangy felines, it is time to secure the opening with the Sanpete Feline Relocation Knot as illustrated above.
After tying the knot, ship the entire sack on UPS to a county that is two counties away from your own. At that point have the driver release the cats. You will be doing your neighborhood, your community, and your county a great service.


.....Spike


















COMING SOON

FOURTH OF JULY IN MANTI










27 comments:

Costanza said...

Excellent blog Voo. I really like Shellie Martinez too, she has been my favorite female Mexican wrestler for at least six minutes now. I don't really appreciate the Sanpete Feline Knot but I understand you have issues with the highly intelligent and independent cat species so I forgive you. You are locked in the 50's but you wouldn't be Voo if you weren't. Please come get the trout out of my truck now. Cabin Bitch hates to touch smelly fish.

joyce Eliason said...

I am appalled and saddened by the report that the beautiful and darling Kristin Minchey's boss will not give her time off to accept the London first prize. I want his name and his address! The Sanpete Messenger and the New York Times will be interested in this story. She entered this quiz innocently like someone getting in on a Ponzi scheme. She had the right answer to a difficult and troubling question. Who the hell is this guy? I'll tell you one thing-- whoever this guy is-- he is pulling our country down with him. Another Madoff who cares nothing about the people who work for him? Who takes takes takes and gives back nothing.

I would also like to know-- about the quiz-- Kristin was first-- who's on second?

j.lowered

joanne said...

What I loved about recent blog. Pictures of the cabin...would love to spend a day there this summer...afraid it won't happen, but thanks for pics...also very proud of son Philip, as I taught him everything he knows about housekeeping, he just never did it while living here! loved remembering the 50ths, because that was a very important time in my life, and I can't recall any of it!
Do not like pictures of guns, however,people holding them are dear to my heart.
Loved photos of AJ and Lane, but they are too pure and innocent to attend gun banquets!
Sorry I don't live down there to keep them safe! What was their mother thinking, oh, and their grandmother.
I love you, your mind, your imagination, your devotion to Spike, and the fact that you live in Manti, and like it.
Joanne, the good sister.
jt

VOO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VOO said...

Dear J Lowered AKA Little Lois AKA Little Ophelia,

The identity of Kristin's boss is of no importance. I have had a serious talk with Kristin. She and her kids really like to watch TV and often do so while eating meals. Because of this fact, she has decided that she would sooner have the TV trays than the trip to London. At any rate, it is certainly nothing for YOU to worry about.

I guess I was negligent in not listing the 2nd and 3rd place winners of the quiz. I will proceed to do that now.

Second Place prize goes to Joyce Eliason. She wins a computer generated 8" by 10" photo of Wayne Newton that has a fake autograph by Wilford Brimley.

Third Place prize goes to R. Paul Gottfredson AKA Oil Can. Oil wins a weekend in Las Vegas, all expenses paid.

Thanks to all who participated in the quiz

joyce Eliason said...

Joanne is a sister-suckup. I am filing a suit to get custody of Spike. There are some behaviors which make me suspicious. Abused children suffer from many of the same phobias he exhibits. I am also beginning to wonder about your relationship with Oil Can and am thinking of trying to get custody of him too (THAT WAY WE CAN BOTH ENJOY LAS VEGAS).

I do not want the photo of Wayne Newton-- however-- I could use the TV trays.

j.whateveryouwannacallme
sticksandstoneswillBREAKmybonesbutNAMESWILLNEVERHURTME!!!!!

VOO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VOO said...

Dear Twisted Sister,

You are not getting the goddamn TV trays. You did not win the goddamn contest. You came in second place. You will be receiving the Wayne Newton photo and that is it.

voo



Dear Good Sister Joanne,

Thank you so much for reading the blog and submitting the very nice comments. Even though you may throw an occasional zinger in my direction, you have always exhibited the refinement and class of our Aunt Ophelia. Thank you for not threatening to sue me. Thank you for not attempting to gain possession of Spike. Thank you for not trying to break up my relationship with Oil Can. Thank you for raising such wonderful children who grew into wonderful adults. If you ever enter one of my quizzes I will make sure that you sin something.

Love you immensely....... voo

joyce Eliason said...

DEAR JOHN PERRY--

Which sister was a your bedside in Vermont for weeks that ran into months? Which sister vacuumed out your trachea? Which sister administered the pee cup? Which sister pulled you out from inside the piano?

Think long and hard about this.

Another thing: I do think Kristen is a beautiful young woman-- but I am beginning to suspect insider trading-- in other words-- Kristen had knowledge of the answer not available to the public. In other other words-- the originator of the quiz wanted Kristen to win and gave her the answer and the TV trays.

J. lord

A Freudian slip in your message to Joanne: "I will make sure you SIN
SOMETHING."

VOO said...

Dear Little Lois,

When you are backed into a corner your always play the VERMONT CARD. What can I say? I feel totally humbled. I am totally through being a smart ass. You are the best sister. How many TV trays would you like?

Tons of love...........voo

joyce Eliason said...

Thinking it over-- instead of the TV trays-- I will take the trip to Las Vegas.

Lil

eliafranc said...

Dear Daddy Voo,

Before you give Auntie Joyce the TV trays or the trip to Vegas, I think you must know some things about her time in Vermont. It's true that she rushed to Vermont in your greatest time of need, and she had the best of intentions....but you know how she can be. Within a couple of days she became very "close" to a few of the male caregivers. One day I came in to visit and she was acting like she didn't know how to vacuum out your trach (and I know she knew how). They were vacuuming it out together. And several times she went "out for coffee" in the hospital cafeteria with Dr. Meier to "discuss your care," but I could never find her there when it was her turn to hold the pee cup. She was always slipping out for just a few minutes. I don't mean to demean the sacrificed she made to be at your side. She was definitely loyal, but sometimes distracted. I just thought you should know. I didn't want to have to tell you this, but now that the contest prizes are being decided upon based on her loyalty, I felt the need to disclose this information.

I, on the other hand, remained single-minded in caring for you--my dear papa. I love you daddy!

Kristeen

Larry said...

how about all the times I had to pull/rescue Auntie j lo out of the seedy bars in downtown Burlington? It was embarassing.She was worse than Norm on Cheers.
Wolf

oil can said...

I have stayed out of the comment section on this particular blog...leaving comments to family members.... only to find comments built on mediocre hate, moderate contempt, and extreme Jealously... "Geoyce" may have held Dr. Meier's stethoscope but she was there on 7-17 and beyond as were other family members. You go Ms. J... You have my vote on loyalty..

VOO said...

Okay, I think I have have gotten all of this sorted out. Although Joanne, Kristeen, and The Wolf did not enter the quiz they will each get one TV tray for being loyal. Kristeen and the Wolf gave me a whole new understanding of what really went on in Vermont with "caregiver Joyce." Costanza, who also did not enter this quiz, will get one-scoop ice cream cone for being a good Cabin Bitch. Oil Can will forfeit the Las Vegas vacation in return for a life- sized inflatable doll resembling Kate Smith. (This was his choice). Kristin Minchey, who actually won the quiz fair and square, will get the photo of Wayne Newton. (Joyce, will you please mail it to her?). And Joyce, AKA Little Lois, will win the all expenses paid weekend in Vegas. I hope this settles everything. Thanks again for entering the quiz.

Oh, one more thing. I hope I am not out of line here. I don't want to seem pushy. I know this is kind of awkward, but, I was wondering if Joyce could possibly be the one who paid all the expenses on the all expenses paid weekend in Vegas that she won? I was just wondering..........

voo

joyce Eliason said...

Vooo--- I never ever wanted to tell you this. I never wanted to reveal it but circumstances have forced my hand. There were many of your relatives-- very close relatives (ONE DAUGHTER IN PARTICULAR AND HER NAME IS NOT A BIRD-- ONE NEPHEW who rhymes with OOOf and a few-- quite a few others-- FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS INCLUDED AND MAYBE EVEN YOUR WIFE)-- who wanted to pull the plug on you in Vermont. I had to use all my feminine wiles to convince the doctors to give you another CHANCE-- and maybe I went kind of far in that direction. But nothing was too much for my bro. I clawed and fought and screamed and bled for you AND I spent a weekend with DR. MEIER!

I cannot send back the photo of Wayne Newton. Someone broke into my apartment and stole it.

I will not pay for my all expenses paid weekend in Vegas. I am charging it to Kristin's boss. And it starts on SATURDAY. Try calling Oil Can over the weekend-- his whereabouts might surprise you!

much much much love, j.lo

eliafranc said...

Dear Joyce,

Forget about Oil Can. You still owe Dr. Meier a weekend in Vegas, and you know it. Every time I run into him in Burlington he asks for your number. You broke his heart.

Teen Teen

joyce Eliason said...

Deeeeeeaaaaar Teen Teen--
What I experienced with Dr. Meier was not just a one night stand. We were soul mates. It wasn't an affair-- it was a love story. I did not want to hurt his wife and that is why I returned to California. I hope that he was able to fall in love with his wife again.

I have broken many hearts. But I did not always go all the way.

We have a reckoning in Zion! j.lo

cboswell said...

John,
Or should I say Perry. Who ever goes to Vegas I will donate the use of my condo, the key is under the mat.

VOO said...

Dear Dude,Please,please, please let me go to your condo in Vegas and get away from all these crazy people!

Love, Barb

VOO said...

Who the hell is Dr. Meier? I have searched through all my Burlington medical records and the name of Dr. Meier never shows up. Could it be that J Lo, in her alcohol fueled quest to do the right thing, surrendered her virtue and her soul to a Dr. who had nothing to do with my case?

However, it has been a sobering experience to find out the truth about what really happened in the hospital. It is a humbling experience to find out that all my loved ones, except for my darling sister Joyce, wanted to pull the plug on my life. Without Joyce AKA J Lo AKA Little Lois, I would not be here today. God bless you J Lo. I owe you my entire world.

I have begin divorce proceedings against Zoobee. I have washed my hands of the Wolf and his satanic ways. I have written Teen Teen out of my will. Joyce and Robyn will get everything. Thanks again to J Lo for exposing these evil people for the selfish self centered
sorry souls that they really are.

voo

Robyn Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn Cox said...

Hey Dad, its me Robyn. Hey don't worry about keeping me in your will. I'm totally good! Joyce should be the one who gets ALL of your stuff! She can come live in the coop....after all, it will all be hers!

Unknown said...

Looks like Zion is going to be very interesting! Now I truly understand why I had this bad feeling about participating in the quizes! I'm just hoping I haven't passed on the CRAZY gene to my offspring.......

eliafranc said...

Dear Voo....Exactly! Who was Dr. Meier? Joyce makes it sound like her fling with Dr. Meier saved your life, and in all honesty, none of us even knew what the hell Dr. Meier was doing for your care. All I can say is that he stopped by a lot! For an ICU doctor, he had a lot of extra time--a lot of extra time to listen to Joyce's problems! He hardly even looked at you. He was mysterious. He had a German accent, wore a stethoscope around his neck that he never used, argyle socks and Swedish clogs. He had black curly hair, small glasses, and a medical student sidekick we called Little Joe. Joyce was always trying to set me up with Little Joe, but I told her, "This is not the time! My needs are secondary right now. I'll look him up after I know that my daddy is okay." My theory is that Dr. Meier and Little Joe were both medical school flunk-outs that were dressing up in their lab coats and trolling around the ICU looking for victims like Joyce. They were always trying to tell her about the "stem cell" research they were doing, blah blah blah. Don't let Joyce's delusions fool you. I can't believe how she can twist the truth to make her pathetic behaviors seem heroic.

And Voo, sure, I guess you should know we all considered pulling the plug once or twice. I was missing a lot of yoga classes and Green Peace rallies. Joyce had her "coffee" dates to go on. Mom just wanted to get the hell out of Vermont. The Wolf had other problems to solve. It was getting old. Then we remembered all of the "stuff" we'd need to deal with--all of the things we'd stand to inherit, and we kept you plugged in.

So that's the real truth Voo. And maybe we should stop. I'm sure all of the secrets that are coming out are painful to you.

Love,
Teen Teen

joyce Eliason said...

Voooo---

I am sending back the Wayne Newton photo. The thief left it under my door last night. He left a note saying he didn't want it.

About Graceland West. It was kind of Robyn to turn all your stuff over to me. I might even consider moving in. Maybe you should talk to Zoobee and get her to stay. Who would take care of us?

I will settle with your mean daughter in Zion!

Love you sweet-boy-- j.lo

joanne said...

You are all crazy. I am really the only sane person in this family..and by the by, I am meeting Dr.Meirer in Cedar city this weekend. I discoverd he is a lover of the classics as well. Beseides, I have always loved taking my sister/s boy friends away from her, and believe it or not, the good doc is a real catch. Lots of money, a beautiful country home in Germany, with lots of electrical plugs for Karl's equipment. He
needs to get away too.Other than that, you are all full of shit!
jt

Post a Comment